Feel the tropical breeze and the sweet smells of plumeria on a bed of monstera leaves. With a little practice you will be making plumeria and many other varieties of leaves. These plumeria can also be fashioned into a beautiful wearable lei or arranged to your heart’s desire.
- Roll out five 2cm (3/4”) balls of DECO Clay then make them into long teardrop shape.
- Use DECO Leaf Mold D to create petals.
- Use DECO Detail Stick to smooth the surface. The edges should be thin.
- Hold the five petals side by side fan-wise.
- Bring the left end of the petal to the center of the flower to form plumeria.
- Hold at the base of the flower and adjust the petals.
- Use Detail Stick to secure the center of the plumeria.
- When it is dry, use yellow and yellowish orange and paint on the center of the plumeria.
- Brush paint outwards to create blended effect seen on the first image.
- Cut #18 Hadaka (bare) wire in half and use green clay to make a stem. Draw two lines with DECO Detail Stick while the clay is soft.
- Remove the clay on one end of the wire and let it dry.
- Use same green clay and roll out to a 2mm (1/12”) thickness.
- Use monstera leaf pattern and cut it out using needle tool.
- Use DECO Detail Stick or needle tool to draw veins on the leaf.
- Use drops of water to smooth any sharp edges.
- Once the leaf and stem are dry, add glue on the wire and stick the stem to the leaf. Paint then finish with DECO gloss.
- Make lots of plumeria and monstera leaves and have fun decorating!